Apprentice Tile Setter
Job Title: Apprentice Tile and Marble Setter
Job Level: Mid-level (Non-supervisory)
Assist with setting hard tile, marble, and wood tile on walls, floors, ceilings, and roof decks.
- Assist in measuring and marking surfaces to be tiled, following blueprints.
- Assist in implementing the best layout to achieve a desired pattern.
- Level concrete and allow it to dry.
- Mix, apply, and spread plaster, concrete, mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives to form a bed for the tiles, using brush, trowel and screed.
- Cut and shape tile to fit around obstacles and into odd spaces and corners, using hand and power cutting tools.
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges.
- Assist in applying mortar to tile back, positioning the tile and pressing or tapping with trowel handle to affix tile to base.
- Finish and dress the joints and wipe excess grout from between tiles, using damp sponge.
Education: HS Degree or GED may be required.
Workforce Preparation: Employees need anywhere from six months to two years of training, working as an apprentice with experienced employees on the job.
Work Experience: Some previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience may be helpful, but usually is not needed.
Licensure/Certification: None required
|Job Category||Immediate Opening|
Morningstar Stone and Tile © 2022 All Rights Reserved