The CNC Operator uses CAD programs coupled with machines to precisely fabricate production pieces, based on specific drawings or templates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create programs and laser projections.
- Set up vacuum pods to properly secure pieces to work table.
- Maintain machines and equipment associated with.
- Checks dimensions of individual pieces before extracting from table.
- Maintains tooling required for CNC’s.
- Assists with flow of production.
- Maintains a clean and efficient workspace.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Be committed to the mission and vision of Morningstar Stone and Tile.
- Maintain open communication with all departments within the company.
- Perform work in compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude.
- Understand and work within Company policies and procedures.
- Be reliable and trustworthy.
- Be well organized, prioritize and use time effectively.
- Maintain confidence and protect the Company by keeping confidential information concerning Company business, its customers and its employees confidential.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear, including prolonged standing on a concrete surface. This position may require physical work and lifting up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis and up to 100 lbs. occasionally. It requires command of all five senses – sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will be working primarily indoors in a manufacturing environment that is wet/saturated the majority of the time. Some travel may be required to attend job sites to assist in installation or on-site repairs. The normal auto hazards will apply. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud due to the proximity of saws, grinders, etc., but can be lower in the other areas of the building. Exposure to injury due to operation of heavy manufacturing equipment and moving large pieces of stone and tile. Exposure to dust particles, fumes, and other manufacturing hazards.
Qualifications Needed for Position:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fabrication work required.
- Prior experience working with hand tools and/or basic machinery required.
- CAD/ CAM Experience a must
- Basic math skills and ability to measure.
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members and shop manager.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of hand tools.
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated. **
|Job Category||Immediate Opening|
Morningstar Stone and Tile © 2022 All Rights Reserved