Sales and Design
The Sales and Design Associate works on acquiring, scheduling and executing the optimum amount of quality work to meet Company goals. Works closely retail customers, as well as contractors and designers, and relays customers’ requested details and information to the Office Manager in order to produce an accurate estimate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets with retail customers, as well as contractors and designers in the showroom. Routinely answers the phone, and replies to messages and emails.
- Reads and interprets cabinet drawings and architectural plans.
- Receives and tags parcels, such as incoming tile and accessories.
- Translates customer’s scheduling needs to the Office Manager. Creates estimates in counter top and tile software based on clients requirements and specifications.
- Contacts homeowners, contractors and designers to relay specific jobsite details.
- Maintains ongoing communication with customers and company staff who need to be involved from the start of templating to installation.
- Sources stone slabs and tile for projects, and prepares purchase order information for Office Manager.
- Follows up with customers after the sale to ensure customer satisfaction; follows up to correct any issues and requests an online review of their experience.
- Educates customers with regard to natural stone, company policies and practices, and their rights and responsibilities as customers.
- Helps to maintain the appearance of the slab and tile showroom.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Be committed to the mission and vision of Morningstar Stone and Tile.
- Maintain open communication with all departments within the company.
- Perform work in compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- Consistently maintain a positive attitude.
- Understand and work within Company policies and procedures.
- Be reliable and trustworthy.
- Be well organized, prioritize and use time effectively.
- Maintain confidence and protect the Company by keeping confidential information concerning Company business, its customers and its employees confidential.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the Incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, see, and hear. He/she must be able to perform tasks such as typing, hand writing, and operation of standard office equipment. Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires physical work and lifting up to 25 lbs. on a frequent basis and up to 50 lbs. occasionally. Exposure to dust, fumes, etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those the incumbent encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position will be working primarily indoors in an office environment, but also requires the employee to be in the shop or warehouse on a regular basis. The normal auto and air travel hazards will apply when traveling for trade shows and outside sales calls. Travel will be in all types of weather including heavy rain and below freezing temperatures with snow conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate, except loud when in the Shop occasionally.
Qualifications Needed for Position:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- At least three years of experience in sales and/or customer service in a related field.
- Ability to design and sell tile.
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately with customers, employees, trades people, and suppliers.
- Ability to read, troubleshoot, and interpret blueprints.
- Problem solving abilities, including responding to customer complaints.
- Ability to perform basic math, English, and spelling with accuracy.
- Ability to learn and use Moraware with proper Company training.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented with good organizational/prioritization skills.
- Basic skills in using Microsoft Office.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Training in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent knowledge of the stone industry and trends impacting its business.
- Constant pursuit of additional learning about the stone industry.
** All requirements and skills are considered to be essential, unless otherwise indicated. **
|Job Category||Immediate Opening|
Morningstar Stone and Tile © 2022 All Rights Reserved