Job Title: Tile and Marble Setter
Job Level: Mid-level (Non-supervisory)
Apply hard tile, marble, and wood tile to walls, floors, ceilings, and roof decks.
- Level concrete and allow to dry.
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets.
- Mix, apply, and spread plaster, concrete, mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives to form a bed for the tiles, using brush, trowel and screed.
- Measure and mark surfaces to be tiled, following blueprints.
- Determine and implement the best layout to achieve a desired pattern.
- Cut and shape tile to fit around obstacles and into odd spaces and corners, using hand and power cutting tools.
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges.
- Finish and dress the joints and wipe excess grout from between tiles, using damp sponge.
- Apply mortar to tile back, position the tile and press or tap with trowel handle to affix tile to base.
Education HS Degree or GED may be required.
Work Experience Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is necessary, specifically completing apprenticeship requirements.
Licensure/Certification None required